Sunday, September 18, 2022

Digital Discipline

 

Digital Discipline


We spend too much time online on distractions that sap our energy and dopamine. It is challenging to self-regulate the time we spend online. In addition, a mental health epidemic is emerging, likely due to our overuse of digital media.

We need purpose and self-discipline to overcome compulsive overstimulation. The book first seeks to inform the reader about the dangers of digital overuse and then how to make a change to build digital discipline and greater life! How to find more purpose in your life is covered, and how we can actually become mentally tougher. Both of these are essential attributes in the age of overindulgence.

In my early 20s I found myself in a place where thoughts of real human connection and personal growth were eclipsed by my preference for isolation and traversing the mind-numbing, time-wasting rabbit hole the Internet can be. I had to gradually improve my life and building digital discipline was the solution.

I’m not suggesting that we should stop all digital use. The technology behind our devices makes life more convenient in many ways. For instance, we can still rely on it for work, staying connected, and paying our bills. But there is a way to approach our digital use that ensures we remain in control of it while experiencing its benefits. I call this approach “digital discipline.” Digital discipline allows us to benefit from the positives of digital use and pretty much guarantees that we avoid the negatives. Digital discipline means that we avoid passive digital use and only use our devices for a specific productive or meaningful purpose.

Aren’t you tired of wasting your life on your digital devices? Have you ever looked back at a week, a month, or a year and wondered where you’d be now in life if you had simply placed limits on scrolling through your phone? If your yearly hours were calculated and presented to you, could you handle the truth of the wasted time? It’s a hard hit when you see the truth. I understand that fact all too well. In my early 20s I found myself in a place where thoughts of real human connection and personal growth were eclipsed by my preference for isolation and traversing the mind-numbing, time-wasting rabbit hole the Internet can be. I had to gradually improve my life and building digital discipline was the solution.

By building digital discipline, you will regain control of your time and life! In this book, you will find actionable steps to reclaim control.


Click here to get Digital Discipline



No comments:

Post a Comment